Friday, July 22, 2011

My Love of Freshly-Sharpened Pencils and Pencil Skirts: Back-to-School Shopping

I took my husband shopping the other day because his closet is full of clothes he’s had since high school. My guy knows A LOT about fashion, but doesn’t love the actual shopping. For some time I’ve been researching menswear to figure out my hubby’s style preferences. As I walked by J.Crew the other day, I spotted an outfit in the window that looked perfect for my gorgeous man. Come to find out that there is a HUGE sale going on.

I found a very helpful sales associate that knew his stuff. He was kind enough to take the shirt off of the mannequin as it was the last one in the store. I found some amazing deals on clothes that would liven-up my husband’s wardrobe. When I got home my guy told me, “I like having new clothes. It feels like I’m going back to school.” It got me thinking about one of my favorite things: Back-to-School shopping.

As a child I always looked forward to this time of year. The new school supplies called my name. My parents would take advantage of the tax-free week to stock up on clothes for me and my brother. Shopping ended up being the thing that made me excited to go back to school, and I find that this is still the case today.

While in J.Crew I also spotted some fabulous finds for you ladies out there. There were pencil skirts and silk blouses for $10 each!! All over the malls, stores are marking down items left and right. I’m excited to hunt for deals for my fellow shoppers out there.

If you’re looking for your own back-to-school clothes, let me suggest the outlets. I received an email the other day from the Premium Outlets that their Back-to-School and Fall Preview is July 28th - August 1st. You will definitely find amazing deals there.

Tax-Free Shopping in Florida is from August 12th - 14th this year. Your item must be less than $75 for it to be tax-free. You can apply this to books, clothing, shoes and school supplies.

Other places to go for back-to-school shopping deals:
-Dillard’s
-Gap
-Kohl’s (Check out the Lauren Conrad collection)
-Loft
-Macy’s
-Nordstrom Rack
-Old Navy
-Target

I wish you the best of luck finding deals on those freshly-sharpened pencils and pencil skirts!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment